Sunday, September 19, 2010

Karli's Wedding Dress Part 2

I've been back from Canada for a week now, and I thought you might like an update on the wedding dress. I did end up having to put in a lot of work. Both brides maid's dresses needed alteration, as did the flower girl dress and the wedding dress.




As I was working on the wedding dress, I made an extra little dress for the maid of honor's 4 month old because she was so cute I couldn't resist. It turned out to be a very smart move. The original flower girl got sick on the day of the wedding, so the 4-month old got to be the flower girl. I never got a good picture of the original flower girl in her dress, so I am hoping I can talk her mom into sending me a photo.





I ended up having to redo the front bodice of the wedding gown. Everything else fit fine, but the dress was too low cut. The original flower girl dress wasn't so bad. It was about 2" too big, so I just had to take in each side a little bit. The brides maid dresses were ordered through a company and both were too big in the bust and offered too little support. I added clear straps and a lace up back to both dresses. I didn't get a good picture of the back of the dresses, but each black dress had a 3/4" red ribbon with 5 crisscrosses imitating the lacing in the back of the wedding gown.


Karli was very pleased with her dress and how the other dresses all turned out. I only have non-professional photos at the moment, so I may post again when I get the professional ones.