Saturday, July 18, 2015

CD Tunic Time

Here is a current finished picture. I have another tunic almost done, but I will wait and post it later.


Top: tabard, tabard, tunic, tunic
Bottom: tabard, tabard, tabard


This tunic has a trial sleeve design.  I love how the bottom half basically turns them into bracers. The top was a bit funky. Over-all, this one had the most mistakes I had to rip out and just gave me a hard time.


This one turned out rather different than the picture I drew. I initially gave it red sleeves.


I was running low on red fabric (given that two more tunics are very red heavy), and I had a lot of gray left. I looked through the designs and decided this one was the best one to add a bit more gray. I had fun with the checkers.I've seen them on many tunics before and I thought it would be fun to do.


Given my background in quilting, it turned out very nice. The biggest difference is that I used a serger-like stitch so they wouldn't ravel. I would never do that in a quilt because of the extra bulk the thread would add. I do like how very different this one looks. After all, I was trying to make them stand out so people calling spells could identify a person by their garb.

No comments:

Post a Comment