Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Another Purse

I made this purse for my good friend Teresa. I made a little sack for her to carry her prayer book and beads about a year ago out of this same fabric, so it seemed logical to make a purse too.


For the little bows on the side, I used braided satin cording. It has a great look, but once she started using it, we discovered one big drawback: the satin bows are forever coming undone. Fortunately, another of her friends fixed this problem with 2 small safety pins. In the future, I think I would like to try using ribbon or other materials or the ties, but I do plan on avoiding slippery materials.


The pockets in the purse make it super handy for storing all the necessary things. I wanted to take a picture of the purse full so you can see how much this seemingly little purse carries and organizes.