Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hunter Green Lace


In honor of Father's day, this post is about my dad. Anyone who knows my dad knows he loves to decorate in hunter green. He has a house in Colorado Springs that came with a lace curtain on the glass door that seperates the living room from his bedroom. He thought it looked nice in his old (circa 1890's) house, so he put up lace mini blinds in the rest of the house. When he went to refinish the house in Westcliffe, he added glass doors to his bedroom and planed on putting lace curtains there too. The first attempt by another nameless person resulted in the curtain being way too short. She gave up, so only one of the two doors had a curtain, which as I said was too short. His house stayed this way for years. While I was up there, I suggested that I could do curtains for the door no prob. He said I've hear that before but he said go ahead anyway. I asked what color he would like and he said white or perhaps tea stained. After a little chat about colors of lace I mentioned that he could get lace in hunter green. He was completely shocked at this revelation and told me to go for it. It took a week for the fabric store to get the 5 yard I needed, but it was worth the wait. I sewed them last weekend, and they both are finished and both fit. I did make them a little on the short side so that the lace would stretch and not bag.

This is the bedroom side...


and this is the office side.

Now he needs a quilt for his bed, and this room will be all decorated!