Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kindle Cover


A good friend of mine just got a Kindle and asked me to make a cover for it. She wanted something very simple, mostly just to keep the screen from getting scratched. She also wanted it to close with a wooden button.

I used a soft cotton fabric for the outside and inside and I used a flannel for a little extra padding. When I did a mock-up with batting, I found that it was too thick and made the whole cover very puffy and fat.


I did a little quilting to hold the flannel in place. I followed the brown check design in a dark brown thread. I wanted to avoid leaving lint or threads on the Kindle, so I left the lining off while quilting so there were no unfinished seams.

I was a little concerned that the button could damage the screen. I suggested storing the Kindle so that the screen is not on the same side as the button. This case will protect against scratches and minor bumps, but it is not padded enough to protect against dropping.

She was thrilled with her case and is off in India enjoying it as I write this post.


1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous case, and perfect! The lining works so well. The kindle sits nice in it and the its not bulky as the ones that we get from the market. The brown color works well, so my husband feels comfortable carrying the kindle around! Thank you, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete