Saturday, August 8, 2015

Two Commissions - Owl Belt Favor and Checkered Tabard


So, today was a good day of sewing. I finished both these projects in time to take them to the field and had fun designing a pattern (next post). This owl was a commission, and I believe it is the most complex machine applique I've ever attempted. I was pleased with the outcome.


I hate to admit that I can't tell if this is a boar or a wolf. I did it exactly like the picture, so he was happy with it. The stars made my machine unhappy. so I am glad I was able to fix it rather than needing to start over. The sides crisscross and tie so that  he can slip it on and off over his armor easily and not have to wear a belt.



Since he also ordered the owl, I added a touch of gold to make the heraldry pop a bit more.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment