Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Four Seasons Wall Hanging (Part 2)



I finally finished Rhonda's quilt. I had originally planned on quilting it with this really pretty iridescent thread. Unfortunately, I could not get my embroidery needle to be happy. It kept shredding the thread and then breaking it. After a few frustrating hours and lots of ripped out stitches, I settled on using white thread for the pinwheels and blue on the border. Once the quilting was complete, I added a little sleeve on the back so it can be hung with a curtain rod.

I am much happier with these pictures. The colors in the older post's pictures were not very accurate. It is still a little hard to see the shimmer of the fabric, but the color is almost dead on (at least on my computer screen it is).


Spring

I picked these colors because they reminded me of Easter eggs and spring flowers.



Summer

I picked the two shades of green because they reminded me of grass.



Fall

These colors represent the falling leaves.



Winter

Ice, snow and the winter sky often have these light blue and white colors.



I don't normally take photos of the back of a quilt, but the quilting looks so cool on the back side, that I thought I should.

(Pinwheel, approximately 35"x35" 7/19/2010)