Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Skinny Mini Musical Table Runner

This table runner was a little kit my aunt gave me. Even though the pattern was called "Skinny Mini" I was still surprised at how small it really was. My dad was joking that it looks like a large tie. It's only about 5 1/2" wide and 39" long. I think it would be really cute on a counter bar or on an upright piano.


The fabric was strictly black and white with only a hint of gray on the instruments for extra details. It had a little red bow holding the fabric in a roll, and I thought the red looked really nice with the black and white, so I used red thread, front and back, to quilt it. I wanted the thread to pop, so I sewed 1/8" from the seams on all the black pieces.


If you are looking at it and trying to identify the instruments, here they are in score order (orchestral): Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Trumpet, Euphonium, Snare drum, Hi-hat (cymbals), Conga, Maracas, Tambourine, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, String Bass and Electric Bass. I swear it's just a coincidence that clarinet is listed first (no flutes or double reeds)!


Here, you can get an idea about how looooong it really is.