Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Frilly Purse

This is another purse to sell. I had a bunch of the crocheted lace, and I wanted to find some fabric to make a purse with it. After I got home with my selection, I dug through my button tin and found the blue cameo button. I got it for another project last year and it didn't work out as I thought, so it moved into the button tin. The blue and cream are not quite a perfect match, but the cameo with the lace is so perfect that I had to go for it.




Again, I am including a free key fob. I need to remember to get the jump rings for this and the other purse next time I shop.


Cameo and crocheted lace... so new-antique looking!


This small purse packs a lot of storage.


It's easier to see all the pockets with the bows untied. There are 14 pockets inside ranging from 1 1/4" for pens to 6" for the bigger things and another 2 pockets outside. This is a good shot of the purse bottoms I make. The instructions on the pattern called for cardboard, but it's not washable that way. I found this super stiff fusible lining material. I use two layers and sew them together. The purse bottom is more flexible than thick cardboard, but it's about as strong or stronger than thin cardboard. I have had my purse for over two years now, and the bottom is still in great shape. Oh, by the way, the key fob is made the same way as the purse bottom, so it's also washable.