Monday, October 18, 2010

Blogging, I have missed you!

I may have taken a break from typing, but my machine has been active as ever. I've been sewing for others here and there as well as working on a queen sized quilt (I am currently avoiding it).

I have crocheted for years... I might even be better at crocheting than sewing... not sure it's a fair comparison. Anyway, I finished an afghan for Silver Key and made a few scarves to sell. I also finished up another baby quilt to sell. Here are some photos of the newly listed items in my shop.




I'm really thinking I should use a human model rather than my old dressmaker dummy. It's got charm, but it's also wearing out in some places and hard to adjust. I really wish I had one of those fancy photography light boxes, but the big quilts won't fit in them anyway. It seems like the hardest part about selling something on the computer is getting the color and texture to show up.


This quilt is one of the annoying ones that just isn't the right color. It looks rather dull and bluish in this photo. It is super cheerful with the multiple shades of pink, and it will also be fun for the baby to touch. I tried to use many different textures in the blocks to add interest. I don't generally like being random, so making a quilt with all random blocks was rather hard. I cringed when I ended up with two blocks that were the same next to each other... it happened four times. But random is random, therefore I will live with it.

If you see something you like, check out my shop!