Friday, October 1, 2010

Pot Holders

I was trying desperately to sleep last night and thinking about what else I could make to sell. I remembered that I had some special heat blocking batting. I got it to make an ironing board cover, but it works well for pot holders. I also though about the fact that I had a few extra quilt blocks laying around. I bolted out of bed and started to sew.


This quilt block has been hanging around for at least 15 years. I can't take credit for the block; my friend, Lisa, made it when we were in college. I don't know why I ended up with it... maybe she was going to throw it away.


Yes, I still had blocks left over from the queen quilt I am making for Micah. I swear this is the quilt that never ends! Rather than putting the blue and yellow blocks together, I made each pot holder a solid color. I think it would be fun if they ended up in the same kitchen, but I will sell them separately, so we'll have to see!