Friday, July 18, 2014

Lemon-Lime Lamb Quilt




Baby time in my aunt's office. Two quilts, both with a barn-yard theme. The first didn't want to know what they were having, so my aunt asked me to make a quilt with yellow, lime green, and light orange. I showed her the pattern for this quilt, and she fell in love with it.




I was super happy when I found a green that had flowers that were the right shade of orange and also had yellow. I also had fun with the fluffy lamb fabric. The pattern had suggested felt, but I used novelty fleece instead. I also used a plushy fabric for the face and legs. This picture was taken before all the hand embroidery. 


I don't like using buttons and ribbons on baby quilts because of the choking hazard, but that's what this pattern suggested, so I went along with it. I sewed them down very well and super tight, so with proper supervision, all should be fine. (I should mention that this is the third child for the mom).


The original design called for a rose in the center block, but since the baby might have been a boy, I opted for these cute little iron-on lambs instead. I was glad to hear that the baby was a girl, and the mom loved the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment