Monday, March 21, 2016

Gray Lantern Loaner Garb

Gray Lantern is an amtgard group located in Cheyenne, WY. When they did not win the prize package for loaner garb that Crimson Dawn won, I offered to do a package for them if they payed for the materials.
This was the original heraldry. I asked if they minded if I modified it a bit because some of the elements would not translate to sewing very well. I also wanted to give the lantern a more medieval look.



One tabard and one shirt were simply the park's colors.  Otherwise, I took heraldry elements and added some interest to the design.






I tried something interesting with the neck on this one. Rather than making the interfacing show as a pop of color, I chose to put it inside as you would on a modern garment,  and then I used a decorative stitch to still give it the look of a medieval tunic.


This was a fun project. It was a bit of a long time making because I kept having to put it behind other paying clients, but it went out around Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment