Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cranberry & Sage Kitty Crib Quilt


This quilt is my first attempt at making a quilt strictly to sell. I fell in love with the "Calico Cat" fabric, and knew I wanted to make a quilt using it. The pattern I used for this quilt was actually called "Little Sailor's Dream," though honestly there was nothing in the quilt that made it look like a sailor's quilt except the accessories that you could sew to go with the quilt.

This is a close up of the quilting. I did a very simple diamond pattern. I like the effect because it breaks up the large kitty block and makes it look like several different blocks rather than just the two blocks that were used in this quilt.
This is a picture of the quilt on my dad's antique crib. This crib is much smaller than the standard size today, so the quilt is actually facing the wrong way. The color in this picture is a little whiter than the quilt is, but I really like how it looks with the crib. I plan on charging $85 for this quilt. I will either try e-bay or one of the crafting sites my friends from Seishou suggested. If you are interested in this quilt, you can send me an e-mail at sewhoneybee@hotmail.com before I put it up for auction.

(Sailor's Dream 37"x49" 2009)