Monday, May 25, 2015

Tunics! GoT and Butterfly

I finished the GoT/ Empire of the Iron Mountains tunic. It's a big one... likely fits a men's XXL or XXXL.It is the traditional T-tunic shape, so it may be snug in the middle. I did do slits in the sides for the first 6" to help with snugness. Tunic sizes don't seam to matter much, so I am not too worried about making it so large. The person who buys this would likely wear it with a belt anyway. Though I intended to make field wear, this did turn out nice enough to be called court garb.



I hadn't intended on making this one so nice. I found the broadcloth and brocade at the store and thought it would make a nice accent. I had some left over when I finished, so I started to think about what would go well on a teal tunic. I hadn't intended in making it so feminine, but butterflies sounded like they would match the paisley brocade without looking strange, so I went for it.


Surprisingly, adding the butterflies did not add much to my over-all time, and I think they really make it go from a normal T-tunic into something special. For the wings, I used a feather stitch rather than a satin stitch, because I was bored and I thought it would look nice. On the black, I kept to my narrow zig-zag so I wouldn't make the butterfly antenna and body look strange.


I will have both of these at the Phoenix Comic Con and Rakas to sell. If you are interested, please e-mail me for a price quote.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that feather stitch matches the suite better than a satin one! Pale blue is unsurpassed, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete