Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ballet and Princesses and Fairies, Oh My!


So, the fabric from this quilt has a little of everything girls like.  About all it's missing is a white pony.  This is another stash quilt.  I am fairly sure that these two fabrics were a set, but finding anything else to go with them proved to be an issue.  The border, pink roses, ended up being a fairly good match from my stash.


I had enough fabric to partially fussy-cut the girls.  I wasn't able to position them vertically, but I was able to center them horizontally.  I took turns putting the girls either high or low in the block, creating a little of a pattern, though it seems a little random too.


I also have a fairly large collection of lace and ribbon that I was looking to reduce.  This eyelet seemed like a nice match and helped add a little interest because I use so few fabrics.  The ribbon is simply to help package it as a gift.

(Long Blocks, approximately 30 x 50, Dec. 8, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment