Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Look, Part 2 Bonus: Sand & Seaglass

I dug through my photos, took some new ones and played even more with the style of the page.  Now the background is actually a quilt I made.  I also decided to stop being so shy and post my picture rather than the sewing machine.  I think I am done tinkering with the blog look for now, but who knows what will happen if I make a new favorite quilt.


 I was going to link the quilt I used and came to the shocking realization that I never blogged about it.  I love miniature quilts and this one is one of my all-time favorites.  I picked the colors based on the theme "Sand and Seaglass."  The block is "Amish Shadows" though I greatly reduced it.  The strips of color are just under 1/4" giving the over-all quilt a 6 1/2 x 8 inch size.


I knew that I would frame this quilt as I was designing it.  I consider quilts of this size to be artwork rather than functional, so I chose the shadowbox as I picked the fabric so everything would match.  I used variegated brown and gold lamé thread for the quilting.  The cream fabric and striped also had some metallic gold highlights, thus tying everything together.  This is one of the quilts I donated to Joyful Heart Foundation, and I believe they chose to hang it in their cooperate office.

No comments:

Post a Comment