Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sleeping Lambs


I got the lamb fabric to make a quilt for a baby a friend was having.  I moved and lost touch with her in all the craziness of starting my new job, and it is amazing how quickly ten years pass.  Even if I were to find her again, somehow I don't think her son would want little sleeping lambs on a quilt.


I did manage to make this quilt from scraps, but it was a lot harder.  The blue and teal both are lovely, soft colors, but are not at all the typical baby colors, and therefore had to be matched with regular calicoes.  Fortunately, periwinkle is one of my favorite colors, so I did have a fair number of scraps to choose from.  You may also recognize the brown "baby" fabric from Landon's Monkey Quilt


I made a chenille teddy bear a few years ago, and I had a few scraps left as well.  I happened to stumble on them while digging through the recesses of my fabric dresser.  The color was right, and I love adding in textured fabrics to make baby quilts a little more interesting. 



Again, a ribbon adds a finishing touch before it goes to TESSA.

(Block in Block, approximately 34 x 52, Dec. 8 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment