Thursday, April 14, 2016

J - Juvenile Diabetes

There is a very special girl in my life who is 11 and dealing with Juvenile Diabetes. This last year, I made her a special purse to hold her supplies. It had to be both cute and functional, so a lot of planning went into the project.


We began by making a list of her supplies and she rated how often she used them. Then we measured each thing and decided where it should go in a purse (outside pocket vs. inside pocket).


She had this wonderful owl fabric that her mom got, but I had her add to it by going through my crazy quilting scraps. I am proud to say that she picked all the fabrics, and she really has an eye for color!



I found some owl buttons, and even though I used Velcro to close it, they were just too cute and had to get used.


Her favorite part is that there are actually little sewn pockets that are made to hold suckers.


It is still a pretty big purse for an 11-year-old, but she loves it, and it should have room to grow with her.

1 comment: