Thursday, April 28, 2016

W - White Wolf Tunic


This tunic was an act of love. This is my brother's heraldry for SCA (almost... I goofed up and did purple rather than blue, but the picture I had really looked purple). He hasn't been to an event in a long time, and he is going to a large Alliance event next month.  He was stressing out about what to wear since he didn't have any garb, so I made him this tunic and wrap pants.


The wolf was done with machine applique, and the eye was hand embroidered.





I added some thinner details by triple stitching in some lines on the legs and paws.


I also added a bit of definition to the collar of the shirt.


Back view, mostly of the wrap pants.



I actually found 1" thick cotton twill tape for the pants. I was super happy because making 1" wide fabric ties generally sucks, and twill tape works so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment