Monday, April 25, 2016

Q - Quilling


Please note: None of these photos are of my own work. I just found pretty examples.

Quilling is the are of twirling paper on its side and gluing it together to make three dimensional pictures.

I like quilling, and I have tried it a little, but I do not have any pictures of things I have done. So, this blog, I am posting things I would like to try.

The humming bird is using some techniques I have tried, though the one I did was all in white, so I think this one looks way better.



I admire the thick petals and the lovely 3-D this flower has. I also love the color choice.



This leaf is super cool because it really is made up using a fairly easy technique, but the execution and color choice are phenomenal.  


This is a chart of how to start. You begin by spinning paper in a spiral. Then by adding folds on the spiral, you make all these other shapes. Anyway, this is a super cool craft, and I hope it catches on more.

No comments:

Post a Comment