Friday, April 29, 2016

Y - Yoyos

Fabric yoyos are a fun little thing to try. The basic premise is that you take a circle of fabric and hand stitch along the outside, then pull tight. Here is a demo pic I found on the internet:


And another picture of a finished yoyo:


Last year, I attended a camping event for my role-playing group. One of the vendors there held a crafting contest where we had a gallon bag full of crafting supplies and had to make something using only those supplies and tools that you brought with you. I decided to make a belt favor (a decoration to hang off of a belt) by making as many different flowers as possible with the crafting materials.


Yoyos can also have shapes, so I did a flower shaped yoyo, and I pulled the back through the hole to give it more of a center of the flower look. Here is the final favor:


No comments:

Post a Comment