Wednesday, June 3, 2015

First Field Garb ~ Old Garb Part 5


When I learned about amtgard, I wanted to have field garb right away. I planned on playing a bard and wanted to have something that was in light blue because the bard class uses a light blue sash. This was my first time making a tabard, and I both over did it and under did it. 


I took the time to hand embroider my new heraldry, officially "Fix: Azure, upon a Tree of Life, a chalumeaux palewise, proper". 
 


My main beef with this tabard is that I shortcutted the ribbon. I sewed the green right down the middle rather than taking the time to do both edges. I have been tempted to rip it out and redo it, but I haven't gotten around to it. I also find that the lace doesn't wash well, so I have to iron it if I want it to look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment