Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Plush Pattern


I've been wanting to try making plush animals for the furry population that are personalized to match their fursona. So, I set out to make a pattern for a dutch angel dragon. I began by looking at this teddy bear, because it was rather close to what I was imagining in my head.


After making the pieces, I pinned them together and did some adjustments.


Then I set out to cut the fabric. Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough brown and black, so I will need to run to the store.


I was going for a hand-stitched aesthetic, so I used a button hole stitch to quilt the different colors together.



I am short one arm and one leg on the fabric, so I will have to run to the store.



The head shape almost looks right, but I may need to do a little more pulling stitches to get it just right. I am also debating about whether or not the black stitches on the white fabric are too much. I've been staring at it too long, so I am not sure.

For those wondering, this is Telephone. I met her recently and thought she might enjoy having a plushy. She happens to live near me and invited me to hang out, so I'll let you know if she liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment