Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Gypsy Garb ~ Old Garb Part 4


I made this for a Renaissance festival. I wanted something cooler and that people would not step on. The crocheted scarf is not something I made, but it looked so good with the outfit it looks naked without it. I certainly could have made it, but that would be very time consuming. As it is, I may end up remaking a large section because my dog decided to chew off a couple dozen beads. It will pull apart if I don't do something to fix it.



This was my first time making a "real" corset. What I mean by real is that it has metal boning and will in fact do the corset thing of sucking in everything rather than the plastic boned corsets that will rip apart if you pull too hard. I made the pattern after looking at a friend's over bust corset. I wanted an underbust corset, so I made many modifications as I created the pattern. 



At the time, I could not afford to get a proper busk, so I made it without one. Sadly, it makes this corset a pain in the ass to wear. I have to restring it basically every time or go with super long cords so I can shimmy it on over my head.



Here is a back view, though I was lazy and didn't bother cinching in my dressmaker's dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment