Thursday, June 25, 2015

Longstitch Autumn Quilt (Needlepoint)






Today I mostly prepped for the Dragonmaster competition this weekend. I will be entering 18 items I have made, so I am hoping to do well. This is a longstitch I made a few years ago but never framed. The frame is cheap, and I will likely get a better one in the future, but it is good enough for now since it is the needlework they will judge, not the frame.

I found the pattern and all the supplies for this design in my favorite needlework store, Nordic Needle in Fargo, ND. I used two different variegated threads to complete the pattern. It took a lot of planning to get the colors to align correctly so the variegated thread would do the colors in the correct places. Once the long point was finished, I went back and added in to backstitching in the copper. I avoided framing this under glass because it sometimes distorts the stitches due to the pressure of the glass.

I love Nordic Needle, and I wish I lived closer. They have so many cool things to stitch. I don't normally advertise other places, but they deserve a plug because they are amazing. I remember their being around and amazing when I was a little girl too. That's really where I started my love of sewing. So, a special shop deserves a special comment from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment