Friday, June 12, 2015

Hipster Baby



My cousins are hipsters, so when they had a baby, I knew I needed something more than just a normal baby quilt. I had thought something with pin up girls and cars would be fun, but I couldn't find the right fabric. When I stumbled on the mustache fabric, I knew I found the right one.


The quilting is in black and aqua, with the thread going opposite of what the block color was.


The watercolor fabric was a happy accident. I didn't buy enough fabric by a lot. So, I went digging through my scrap bin looking to supplement. I think I licked out with all the colors. I just sewed strips in order until I ran out of fabric, rotating every time so I was one step down the color wheel each block. I took the remaining scraps and added a strip to the border to help lengthen the quilt.


This picture is a bit on the pink side. I didn't realize that the sun was shining through, so the pink backing give all the blocks a pinkish tint. Mom and Dad loved it, and hopefully Baby Scarlett will hold onto it as a sign that she was born in 2014, when mustaches were the coolest thing ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment