Sunday, June 14, 2015

Special Order


I've discovered a new favorite craft. It is called Japanese Temari. It is a cross between weaving an embroidery and is really fun. I made this as a spell ball for Amtgard, since I felt that a magical spell ball should look like magic.


There are so many mathematical  and interesting patterns once can do with a temari ball. This was my first try. I put it up for sale on Etsy with my typical not of loving special orders, and I got a note asking if I could do it in miniature for a key chain.




I haven't finished, but it is turning out so cool, I had to share. It is approximately 1 inch in diameter and will have exactly the same pattern as the ball above. I reduced the threads from 6 ply to two and the silver from three ply to one. I'll post again when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment