Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lady Greensleeves ~ Old Garb Part 3


I made this one for Halloween 2008. Again, I love huge sleeves, so I fell in love with this pattern.


After the purple dress, I knew that the sleeves would have an ugly seam down the middle of the inside, so I lined the sleeves in white. I found a roll of lace at a store for $10 and it easily has 100+ yards. The smaller lace had about 25 yards. Both of these laces now often appear in my sewing. It was a great buy, and I still have so much left it's ridiculous.


I wore this to my first amtgard feast, and I am shocked no one gave me a hard time about the belt. For those not in the know, white belts signify that you are a knight and the color that they are trimmed in signifies the field. This belt looks like a knight of the flame belt... one given for service to the club. Since I learned that, I tend not to wear the belt and go with a corset instead. Maybe someday I can wear it. We'll see how far I get in amtgard.



This is my only garb with a train. I love it, and it looks great, but it gets really dirty and often gets stepped on. I really should do this pattern again. I love how it fits and feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment